CONTACT: Kip Yaworski at (306) 659-5844 or 1-877-661-5005 Ext: 844 or by e-mail: email@example.com
Funded by the Bishop’s Annual Appeal, the diocesan Communications Office has been established to:
Kiply Lukan Yaworski is coordinator of
Communications for the Roman Catholic
Diocese of Saskatoon.
- publicize diocese events, issues and initiatives, both within parish communities and in the community-at-large
- inform the faithful about diocesan undertakings (such as Bishop’s Annual Appeal, PVR, events such as the Eucharistic Congress, Restored Order of Initiation, etc.) and ministries and programs (such as Foundations, Ministry Development workshops, prison ministry, youth ministry, upcoming events, etc.)
- build community by profiling people and stories from across the diocese
- evangelize through stories of faith in action, of faith-filled people, of different groups working for justice, etc.both within the diocese and the community at large
- help with adult faith formation and catechesis through columns, articles and coverage of formation events, speakers, educational efforts, etc.
- record the events, activities, initiatives in the diocese as an ongoing archive of historical record.
- submits articles and photographs from the Saskatoon community to the weekly Catholic newspaper The Prairie Messenger, published by the Benedictine community of St. Peter's Abbey in Muenster, Saskatchewan. Back issues of The Prairie Messenger can be found on their website. An archive on past issues can be found here.
||An Exploring Our Faith Foundations "Mini Newsletter" is published in the diocese twice a year to publicize upcoming programs, workshops and training sessions, in addition to providing news updates. This booklet-sized newsletter is distributed to parishes in Sept/Oct and in Jan/Feb. Back issues are available.
||Twice a year the communications office produces a Diocesan Newsletter, filled with articles, reflections, interviews, photographs and coverage of events and peope across the Roman Catholic Diocese of Saskatoon. This tabloid-sized newspaper is distributed to parishes and to Catholic separate schools in the diocese in April/May and October/November each year. Back issues are available.
An archive of news articles can also be found on our diocesan website.
In addition, weekly bulletin announcements sent out from the diocesan office can be found on the website:
A calendar of events is also maintained on the website: