We pray as a diocesan family that God would strengthen the life-giving relationships of love that nurture our families and communities.
* An accompanist is urgently needed for the Sunday 9:00 a.m. choir at St. Anne's Church, 217 Lenore Drive., Saskatoon. This fun and vibrant choir practices every Wednesday from 6:15 to 8:00 pm. An honorarium is paid to the individual. If interested, or would like more information, please call/text St. Anne's Liturgical Music Coordinator, Ken at 306.292.3568.
The Sisters of the Presentation of Mary are offering a Personal History Weekend Retreat for young, single, Catholic men and women 19 years and older. Through reflection, writing and prayerful discernment, let yourself be led through a process of exploring your gifts, your dreams, your relationships and see how God is inviting you to move forward in discipleship and holiness.
Register now for this live-in weekend; cost (includes meals): $50.00
When: 7: 00 p.m. Friday, Nov 6th to 12:00 p.m. Sunday Nov 8th , 2015
Where: 851 University Drive, Saskatoon
Contact: Sr. Lucie 306-244-0726 cell 306 260 0450 Email: sk.dhouse [at] gmail.com
* In celebration of the CWL Clothing Depot's 50th anniversary, you are invited to attend a potluck supper Tuesday, Oct. 27, from 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. at St. Mary's Parish Hall 211 Ave. O South, Saskatoon. Words of welcome from Bishop Don Bolen at 6:00 p.m. followed by the potluck at 6:30 p.m. Please bring your favorite dish to share, desert and beverages will be provided. Spouses and families are welcome.
* Federal Election Oct. 19, 2015 - the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops has prepared an election guide, which can be found on the diocesan website or at www.cccb.ca The CCCB has also released a document about Canadian issues in light of the teaching of Pope Francis: “A Church Seeking Justice” is at www.cccb.ca/site/images/stories/pdf/184-902.pdf or contact the diocesan Office of Justice and Peace at (306) 659-5841.(Justice and Peace is supported by the Bishop’s Annual Appeal).
Cards for Sale - All-occasion (blank) cards and Christmas cards with a message from Bishop Donald Bolen are available for sale at the Cathedral of the Holy Family, a project undertaken by the parish Catholic Women's League council. Each package is $15 and contains 12 cards featuring two each of six selected images of the cathedral windows and the chapel mosaic. The parish office is open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on the first floor the Cathedral of the Holy Family, 123 Nelson Road, Saskatoon.
* Life Tour - Abortion kills 100,000 Canadians every year. Life Tour is a national campaign providing information about the deplorable treatment of pre-born children, and helps Canadians make pre-born human rights an election issue. The tour stop in Saskatoon will be held 7:30-8:30 p.m. Oct. 13 at St. Mary's Parish, 211 Avenue O South. For more information, see www.lifeTOUR.ca
* Catch the Fire Workshop: The Catholic Women’s League of Canada has developed the workshop Catch the Fire to spark the interest of women who perhaps have never thought about joining the CWL sisterhood, as well as to re-ignite the passion for the CWL in current members. Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish in Outlook is hosting the workshop Saturday, October 17 from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm. There is no cost to attend the workshop but there will be a free-will offering for the lunch. To register, phone Laura Rafoss at (306) 856-2300 or email bl.rafoss [at] sasktel.net . The registration deadline is Tuesday, October 13. Please prayerfully consider attending this inspirational workshop. As St. Catherine of Sienna said, “Be who you are meant to be and you will set the world on fire!”
W. F. Mitchell Bioethics Seminar 2015 - “When Helping Gets Hard” with Professor Carol Taylor will be held 11 a.m. Oct. 8, 2015 at Pylypchuk Hall at St. Paul’s Hospital in Saskatoon. Please RSVP by phoning 306-655-5808 or email diane.boechler [at] saskatoonhealthregion.ca
St. Paul’s Hospital Mission Week - October 13 to 16, 2015 - Events include: Mission in Action Awards (Foundress Awards) - October 14 at 12:00 noon, St. Paul’s Hospital Cafeteria; Feast Day and SPH Foundation Professional Development Awards - October 15 at 12:00 noon, St. Paul’s Hospital Cafeteria, and the St. Paul’s Hospital Commitment Celebration - October 16 at 11:00 a.m., St. Paul’s Hospital Chapel.
The Gormley Gathering Cocktail Party in support of a C-arm X-ray Scanner and Radiolucent Operating Theatre Table for The Leslie and Irene Dubé Urology Centre of Health Cytoscopy Suite at St. Paul’s Hospital will be held Nov. 2 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m., at the Remai Arts Centre. Tickets are $150, and can be purchased by calling 306-655-5821 or visiting www.sphfoundation.org/gormley
The Leslie and Irene Dubé Urology Centre of Health Third Annual Urology Symposium “Prostate Cancer: Survive and Thrive” forum, with John Christopherson and Heather Miller will be held Nov. 7 from 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon, at the Hilton Garden Inn, Saskatoon. Open to the public, this is a free forum for patients and families facing a diagnosis of prostate cancer.
The Mistletoe Charity Ball in support of St. Paul’s Hospital’s Patient and Family Resource Centre and Medical Library will be held 6:30 p.m. Nov. 14 at the Sheraton Cavalier in Saskatoon. Tickets are $500 per person or $4,000 for a table of eight. Tickets can be purchased by calling 306-655-5821 or visiting www.sphfoundation.org/mistletoe
* Anniversary Celebration: A Come and Go Tea to celebrate Fr. Nestor Gregoire’s 45th anniversary in the priesthood and his birthday will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 18 at Queens’s House, 601 Taylor St. W. in Saskatoon. All are cordially invited to stop by and visit with Fr. Nestor on this special occasion.
* SACRED REFLECTIONS – An evening of prayer for all affected by cancer – patients, caregivers, survivors, friends and family – will be offered by McClure United Church and Holy Spirit Parish Thursday, October 15, 2015 at McClure United Church, 4025 Taylor St. E., Saskatoon, 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm. There will be music by Sacred Sounds, scripture readings and reflections, prayer intentions and hospitality. For more information contact Kelly or Charlene at (306) 374-1425.
October 17th is the International Day of the Girl. To mark the day, an event is taking place from 1-5pm Saturday, Oct. 17 at Georges Vanier Catholic School, 820 Wilson Crescent, Saskatoon. This year’s local theme is how girls are being silenced, stereotyped and sexualized in our culture. The film Miss Representation will be viewed and discussed, on site art activities will take place and refreshments will be available. For more information visit Facebook “IDG Saskatoon” or contact Paula Bruckard at idgsaskatoon [at] hotmail.com
* Please join us for Children's Story time on Thursdays, in the Msgr. Michael Koch Library on the second floor of the Cathedral of the Holy Family, 123 Nelson Rd, Saskatoon. Each Thursday will feature a new storyteller reading some of their favourite children's books. We start each week at 10 am, Coffee and a snack is provided. See you there!
BAA 2015:“Whatsoever You Do For the Least of These…”
Next weekend is pledge weekend for the Bishop’s Annual Appeal. Please bring the personalized pledge form you received with your Bishop’s Appeal package to your parish, as we join our gifts to God’s many blessings in our diocese. For more information about the ministries and programs supported by the Appeal (including this year’s video) visit: www.dscatholicfoundation.com
PRAYER: May our participation in the Bishop’s Annual Appeal deepen our faith and strengthen our diocesan family,We pray to the Lord…
STEWARDSHIP CORNER: 27th Sunday in Ordinary Time)
The “little children” in today’s Gospel represents those who are among the most weak and vulnerable in society, without power or status. They act spontaneously by “receiving.” Am I receptive to the kingdom since it comes to be as a free gift from God’s bountiful hands?
To find out more about stewardship, contact Jocelyne Hamoline, Personal Giving Coordinator, Diocese of Saskatoon Catholic Foundation, e-mail: jhamoline [at] dscatholicfoundation.ca
or phone: (306) 659-5849 or see: www.dscatholicfoundation.ca/parish-stewardship-resources
Year of Consecrated Life continues until Feast of the Presentation of Our Lord, Feb. 2, 2016 – “Say a word of gratitude to the saintly folks around you today—the moms and dads balancing family and work, the parish priests comforting those who mourn, the deacons ministering to the sick in hospitals, the religious sisters and brothers teaching and advocating for the poor, the spiritual writers offering enrichment to hungry souls--and everyone else in between.” —Take Five for Faith
Find testimonies and vocation stories about Consecrated Life on the diocesan website: www.saskatoonrcdiocese.com/year-consecrated-life
Upcoming Queen’s House Events:
QUEEN’S HOUSE PROGRAMMING INFORMATION: 601 Taylor Street W, Saskatoon, SK S7M 0C9; Phone: 306-242-1916; E-mail: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org or website: www.queenshouse.org
MARANATHA YOGA: - Kate O’Gorman / Monday Evenings from 7:15 - 8:30 pm. Cost: $96/12 weeks or $10 drop-in.
PRAYER - ART - HEALING: - with Gisele Bauche / Tuesday afternoons from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm on Oct. 20, Oct. 27, Nov. 3, Nov. 10 / $20 for the series or any amount as a donation.
COME & GO ICON WORKSHOPS: with Anna Mycyk and Gisele Bauche / Wednesday evenings from 7:00 - 9:00 pm beginning Oct. 21. Cost is $15 / session.
JOY of the GOSPEL: with Sr. Teresita Kambeitz OSU / 4 consecutive Thursdays Oct. 22, Oct. 29, Nov. 5 and Nov. 12 from 1:30 until 3:00 pm. $30 for the series or $10 per session.
TRANSITIONS: Journey of Transformation Through Grief and Loss: - Sarah Donnelly - Thursday, Oct. 22 at 7:00 pm - Sunday, Oct. 25 after lunch. Cost: $390 (live-in).
DIALOGUING with POPE FRANCIS: - Marie-Louise Ternier-Gommers – Three Saturdays from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm. - Oct. 24: Synod on the Family / Nov. 21: Laudato Si — Why is it so hard to change? / Dec. 13: Year of Mercy — Challenges and Opportunities. $60 per session or $150 all (with lunch)
THE LORD’S PRAYER: - with Dr. Walter Klaassen / 5 consecutive Wednesdays from 2:30 to 4:00 pm beginning on Oct. 28. Cost is $40 for the series.
A GATHERING of MEN RETREAT: - with Brad Bodnarchuk / from Friday, Nov. 20 at 7 pm to Sunday, Nov. 22 at 1 pm. Cost: $260 includes program, room and meals.
IGNATIAN RETREAT – Finding God in All Things: - with Linda Labelle / from Friday, Nov. 20 at 7 pm to Sunday, Nov. 22 after lunch. Cost: Live-In $250 / Commuter $200.
ADVENT RETREAT – The Spirituality of Waiting: - with Gisele Bauche / Saturday, Nov. 28 from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm / Cost is $50 and includes lunch.
Ongoing programs at Queen’s House include:
- CENTERING PRAYER: Monday evenings - 7pm
- HOLY EUCHARIST: Wednesday afternoons - call to confirm time – all are welcome!
- JOURNEY WITH SCRIPTURE: Fr Paul Fachet - $25 includes lunch – 1st Wednesday – October 7
- TAIZE PRAYER FOR CHRISTIAN UNITY 2nd Tuesday/month - 8 pm – October 13
- DAY AWAY – Gisele Bauche - 2nd Wednesday each month - $25 includes lunch – October 14
- 24 HOUR EUCHARISTIC ADORATION: 4th Monday/month, 12:00 noon – Tuesday 12:00 noon
- PERSONAL DAY(S) OF PRIVATE PRAYER: Book anytime
ANNOUNCEMENTS CONTINUING FROM LAST WEEK:
* A Global Persecuted Church Education Night featuring a narrated simulation experience will be held 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 15 at the Cathedral of the Holy Family, 123 Nelson Road, Saskatoon. Recommended for ages high school and up. No cost, with refreshments provided. For more information please contact Myron Rogal, Coordinator of the Office of Justice and Peace at (306) 659-5841 or justpeace [at] saskatoonrcdiocese.com(Justice and Peace is supported by the Bishop’s Annual Appeal).
* Western Conference of Liturgy 2015 - “Beyond Smudging and Sweetgrass: Understanding Indigenous Spirituality and Faith Expressions” will be held Oct. 23-24 at Sts-Martyrs-Canadiens Church, 1007 Windsor Street, Saskatoon. Speakers include Sr. Eva Solomon, CSJ, Fr. Gary Kuntz, and Archbishop Gerard Pettipas, CSsR, of the Archdiocese of Grouard-McLennan. Registration fee is $100 per person. Deadline to register is Oct. 16. Check out the WCL Canada website for more information: http://WCLCanada.wordpress.com or call 1-780-236-1990.
* Syrian Refugee Crisis - The Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (CCCB) has endorsed a joint fund-raising campaign to assist Syrian refugees seeking shelter and protection in the Middle East and parts of Europe. Supported by bishops across the country, the joint campaign involves three Canadian Catholic aid agencies that have all been actively helping refugees from Syria and other Middle Eastern countries for many years:
- Development and Peace - www.devp.org
- Aid to the Church in Need - www.acn-aed-ca.org
- Catholic Near East Welfare Association - www.cnewa.ca
Donations to registered Canadian charities in response to the impact of the conflict in Syria will be matched by the federal government until Dec. 31, 2015, up to $100 million.
To donate to any of the three organizations visit their websites, listed above. Or to contribute to Development and Peace’s relief efforts call 1-888-234-8533 or mail a cheque made out to “Development and Peace” to 1425 René-Lévesque Blvd. W., 3rd Floor, Montreal, QC, H3G 1T7. (Indicate “European Refugee Crisis” or “Syria Crisis.”)
Another way to help Syrian refugees immediately is to donate directly to those Saskatoon parishes who have a Syrian family already sponsored: this includes Holy Spirit, Our Lady of Lourdes, St. Philip Neri, and three working together: Sts-Martyrs-Canadiens, St. Anne Catholic Church and Resurrection Lutheran Church. For more information about refugee sponsorship, including how to get involved as a sponsoring parish or group, please contact Christine Zyla, coordinator of the Office of Migration at the Catholic Pastoral Centre, 123 Nelson Road, Saskatoon: (306) 659-5842 or migration [at] saskatoonrcdiocese.com
St. Joseph’s Parish will be hosting a Craft Fair on Saturday, November 21, 2015 at the Parish Hall (1006 Broadway Ave.) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. All crafters are welcome. Please contact Maureen Anspach (306) 244-8536 or the parish office @ (306) 244-1556 before November 13th to book a table. Purchase a table for only $30.00. Concession on sight.
* Retrouvaille: Retrouvaille ( www.helpourmarriage.com ) is a lighthouse for marriages on stormy seas. If you and your spouse are struggling in your marriage, even if you are separated, know that there is hope. If you are interested in learning more about Retrouvaille please see a brochure at the back of your church or would like to register for the next Saskatchewan weekend in Saskatoon in Winter 2016, call (306) 652-7155 or email: retrouvaille [at] sasktel.net
St. Michael's Church Fall Supper is on Sunday, October 25 with 2 sittings: 4:00 and 6:00 pm. The supper will be at St. Michael's School gym (22 - 33rd St. E.). Tickets are $13 for adults (13+), $6 for children 6-12, preschoolers are free. For tickets call the parish office (306) 242-5150 and leave a message with your name and phone number, how many tickets of each you want and for which sitting.
* Knights of Columbus Celebrity Dinner in support of the Children’s Hospital Foundation of Saskatchewan will be held Friday, Oct. 16, 5:30 p.m. at the Cathedral of the Holy Family, 123 Nelson Road, Saskatoon. Special guests at the second annual dinner include Mike “Pinball” Clemons of the Toronto Argonauts, John Chick of the Saskatchewan Roughriders, and local philanthropists Leslie and Irene Dubé. There will be a live and a silent auction: support can also be provided by donating an auction item or giving a cash donation. Tickets for the dinner are $125 each. Contact Garry Meier at (306) 221-5893.
* Are you 18-30 years old and thinking about attending World Youth Day this summer in Poland? The Emmanuel Community of Saskatoon is traveling to Krakow and looking for young people to join them! The group is visiting Auschwitz, the John Paul II museum, attending a pre-forum in Czestochowa and celebrating WYD in Kraków with Pope Francis. If you are interested in coming to World Youth Day 2016, please contact Jenny Porter at porterjenny14 [at] gmail.com
* Changing to Care for Our Common Home conference will take place Oct. 23-24 at Queen’s House Retreat and Renewal Centre, 601 Taylor Street West, Saskatoon. Free opening public lecture 7:30-9 Friday, Oct. 23 at St. Thomas More College, 1437 College Drive, Saskatoon in the cafeteria featuring Peter Prebble on October 23rd and an opening address by Bishop Donald Bolen. Presentations on October 24th will include Dr. Cristina Vanin of St. Jerome’s College, Hugh Wood, a U of S Physicist and Armella Sonntag provincial animator of Development & Peace. The two days look at the practical, scientific and theological callings of Laudato Si’ for all people. Cost is $20/person for early-bird registration by October 16th. Cost is $30 before the October 20th registration deadline, including lunch, there is no cost for students. This event is supported by the Diocese of Saskatoon, Churches for Environmental Action, STM, Development and Peace, Knights of Columbus Council 10580 and Queens House Retreat and Renewal Centre. To register, contact Myron Rogal at (306) 659-5841 or justpeace [at] saskatoonrcdiocese.com
* Prison Ministry volunteers are urgently needed - Catholics are needed to assist with worship services and outreach at the Saskatoon Correctional Centre. To apply as a volunteer, or for more information about this much-needed volunteer service, call Dianne Anderson at the Catholic Centre: (306) 659- 5845 or e-mail: restorativeministry [at] saskatoonrcdiocese.com
“...I was in prison and you visited me...” - Matthew 25:36.
The Micah Mission Annual General Meeting will be held on Monday, Oct. 5, 7:00 p.m. at the Micah Mission office building (Kinsmen Activity Place) at 226 Avenue V South. Please join us.
FacetoFace United Conference Nov. 21-22 will have a youth track and an adult track focused on the theme of Mercy, as the universal church prepares to enter a Holy Year of Mercy. Held at the Cathedral of the Holy Family, 123 Nelson Road, Saskatoon, SK. the United Conference will feature keynote speaker Jimmy Mitchell, who started a community of artists dedicated to the restoration of Christian culture and evangelizing through beauty. Jimmy Mitchell hosts retreats and conferences all over the United States and speaks at Steubenville Conferences in the summer. The United Conference will also feature Eucharistic Adoration, prayer ministry, music, breakout sessions, Saturday talent night and more. Early bird registration fee is $45 before Oct. 28, $60 after Oct. 28. Registration: www.f2f.ca/united or call 306-381-7789.
The Msgr. Michael J. Koch Resource Library at the Catholic Pastoral Centre in Saskatoon seeking new volunteers. No experience necessary! If you are interested in volunteering at the library for either a half or full day between Monday to Thursday, please contact Sharon Leyne at sharonleyne [at] gmail.com or by calling (306) 659-5853.
St. Therese Institute, Bruno: Spiritual growth retreat - 'triumph' is a 9-day facilitated journey of spiritual growth, leading you deeper into a fulfilled, peaceful, Christ-centered life filled with joy to be held October 16-25 at St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission in Bruno, SK. More information and registration at www.St-T.ca/Triumph or call (306) 369-2555.
St. Aloysius Parish Allan Fall Supper will be held on Sunday October 18th at the Allan and District Communiplex, Princess Road, Allan SK. Wheelchair accessible. Ticket Sales start at 3:30; Supper 4-6pm; Food Auction and raffles 6:30pm. Adults: $14.00; Age 10 and under: $5.00; Age 5 and under: free.
St. Peter the Apostle’s Fall Supper is on Sunday, October 18 at 1121 Northumberland Ave. in Saskatoon. There will be two sittings: 4:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Tickets are $12 for adults, $6 for children between 6 and 12, and children 5 and under are free. For tickets call Iris at 306-382-3019 or Terry at 306-382-0474.
24 Hour Eucharistic Adoration - Be still and know that I am God - Queen's House has monthly 24 hour Eucharistic Adoration beginning every fourth Monday of the month at noon and ending the following day Tuesday noon. Would you be willing to commit one hour to spend with Jesus? For further information contact Sally (306) 373-2621. The next opportunity for Eucharistic Adoration at Queen’s House is Oct. 26-27.
Volunteers urgently needed! The Micah Mission is in need of volunteers who can offer an hour or two a week to participate in Circles of Support and Accountability. Training provided. Please contact Dave Feick, Micah Mission Coordinator at (306) 653-3099 or (306) 270-5031 or micahcoordinator [at] gmail.com Make a difference in someone's life, maybe even your own!
* 40 Hours for Life – This year the annual 40 days of prayer and witness for an end to abortion will be held in the fall, rather than in Lent. The days of prayer begin Wednesday, Sept. 23 and finish Nov. 1. Come and pray every day of the week from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. in front of Saskatoon City Hospital. On weekdays (Monday to Friday), prayer will also be held from 9 a.m. to noon. All are welcome to come and join in prayer: There is no set time commitment required. A pregnant woman needs support - not abortion.
Do you have a heart for hospitality? If that is one of your gifts, would you be interested in providing a friendly and warm atmosphere at diocesan ministry events? This ministry would include setting up, welcoming attendees, putting the coffee on, serving and sometimes preparing the food and, of course, clean up! J Our volunteer team serves at events such as the Chrism Mass reception, the Rite of Election, ordination receptions, diocesan ministry meetings, and other events that may present themselves throughout the year. If you would like to join us in this ministry of hospitality, contact: Sharon Powell at: (306) 659-5831 or e-mail: foundations [at] saskatoonrcdiocese.com
* Marriage Preparation Course offered through Holy Spirit parish begins Oct. 18, 2015, continuing to Nov. 22. This program is intended not only for engaged couples but also for couples considering engagement and marriage. Please call Arch McKay, (306) 373-0993, email: agmckay1 [at] shaw.ca or the parish office, 374-1425 for information and to register.
* Catholic Family Services in Saskatoon offers weekend workshops in marriage preparation designed to help couples learn to better communicate feelings and ideas on relationship issues. They are held at various locations in Saskatoon and run several times per year (see options below). Each of the weekend workshops runs Friday evening and all day Saturday. For more information contact Catholic Family Services at 306-244-7773 or e-mail: staff [at] cfssaskatoon.sk.ca The fee is $225 per couple for the weekend. This includes handouts and Saturday’s lunch as well as refreshments throughout the workshop. Weekends to choose from in 2015-1016: October 23 and 24 / January 29 and 30, 2016 / March 4 and 5, 2016 / or April 8 and 9, 2016.(Catholic Family Services is supported by the Bishop’s Annual Appeal).
* An Engaged Encounter Weekend gives couples planning marriage the opportunity to dialogue honestly and intensively about their future lives together. The weekend is designed to deepen and enrich relationships with one another, God, the Church and the World. Couples are given opportunities to learn more about one another as they engage in deep and meaningful discussions dealing with all aspects of married life. The next weekend will be held April 1-3, 2016, at St. Peter’s Abbacy in Muenster, Saskatchewan. Cost is $400 for the weekend. Find more information at www.ceewest.com Registration is available online or contact: Heather & Craig Stomp, (306) 682-3326
Catholic Engaged Encounter in Lumsden - Getting married? Want a weekend away to focus on your relationship? “A Wedding is a Day, a Marriage is a Lifetime.” Catholic Engaged Encounter uses a tried and true method of marriage preparation that has been successful for over 30 years and gained approval from the Vatican and hundreds of dioceses throughout the world. Regina CEE has openings in our upcoming weekends. Dates in Lumsden include: November 13-15, 2015. Contact Kim and Vance Weber at (306) 698-2466, or go to www.ceewest.com
* Cathedral Series 2015: Pope Francis' Vision on Care for our Common Home - Join Sr. Judy Schachtel, SMS, and Dr. Chris Hrynkow for a timely exploration of Pope Francis' social encyclical, Laudato Si'- Explore Pope Francis' efforts to foster social, cultural and religious sustainability in our time during this three-session Cathedral Series to be held at St. Paul Co-Cathedral, 720 Spadina Crescent, Saskatoon at 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 21, Monday, Sept. 28, and Monday, Oct. 5. It is not necessary to pre-register. Attend one, two, or all three sessions! Refreshments will be served and there will be an opportunity to make a free-will offering.
For more information contact Sharon Powell of the diocesan Foundations: Exploring Our Faith Together office at 306-659-5831 or foundations [at] saskatoonrcdiocese.com Details:
- Monday, Oct. 5 - 7 p.m. - The Gospel of Creation and Green Action - Laudato Si' offers a green reading of the joy and hope of the gospel as one of its key foundations for social and ecological action to heal a planetary community in trouble. This session will explore that foundation in conversation with a selection of the many practical recommendations for green living and political action that Francis presents in his first social encyclical.
(Foundations: Exploring Our Faith Together is supported by the Bishop’s Annual Appeal).
Catholic Health Association of Saskatchewan (CHAS) – 72nd CHAS Conference Oct. 19-20, 2015 at the Prince Albert Inn in Prince Albert, SK. This year’s theme is “Inside Out: Spirituality and Quality in Health Care.” Keynote speakers will be Kenneth Pargament, PhD., and Sr. Mary Jean Ryan. Contact (306) 655-5330, cath.health [at] sasktel.net or visit www.chassk.ca for more information.
The following announcement requests come from groups outside of our Catholic ministry partners in the diocese. As always, the parish Pastor and Parish Life Director are invited to make all publication decisions regarding their particular parish communities.
* Different Strokes 2015 Art Show and Sale will be held 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 16; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 17; and noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 18 at Grace Westminster Church, 505-10th Street East, Saskatoon, SK. -- partly dedicated to the memory of the late Agnes Rolheiser. Group artists featured in the show include Renate Ankenbrand, Terry Moonie, Alma Bryski, Mary Buhler, Doreen Kozmyk, June Martin, Marian Phaneuf, Phil Schaan-Dumont, Dianne Smith and Darleen Topp. Free admission
1. Help us remember that the Creator’s life-giving breath invites us to live in harmony with the earth and all its created beings. We pray to the Lord.
2. May our community offer a generous and humanitarian response to the ongoing refugee crisis. We pray to the Lord.