Lord God, we pray as a diocesan family that you will send your Spirit to help us to bring about a renewed culture of life in our nation and in our communities: a culture in which each and every person is loved and valued at every stage, at every age, and in every circumstance of life.
* Parish Nursing Conference – A Canadian Association of Parish Nurse Ministry (CAPNM) Conference will be held June 11-14, 2015, at Queen's House of Retreats, 601 Taylor Street W., Saskatoon. The theme is “Ethnic Diversity - Mirror of God's Creativity.” Please join us for either the whole conference; or individual keynote and plenary speakers; or celebrate “flavourful” diversity at the banquet Saturday, June 13 at Prairieland Park in Saskatoon featuring speaker Megan McKenna. For further information or to register for the Canadian Assoication of Parish Nurse Ministry conference, e-mail p.nursing [at] sasktel.net or call Elaine Hesje at 306-652-4524, Sr. Carol Borreson at 306-244-2983, or Deb Bauche or Carol Kostiuk, or Ethna Martin at 306-343-0325. Check out the 2015 conference flyer on the website at: www.capnm.ca (Guest speakers include theologian Megan McKenna, Bishop Emeritus Sylvian Lavoie, OMI, Fr. Patrick Ampani, Rev. Ali Tote, and ethicist Fr. Mark Miller, CSsR).
* Family Adoration Night - Please join us for family/children's adoration at Holy Family Cathedral in Saskatoon at 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, May 20, 2015. This event will include music, a time of silence and Benediction with Fr. Colin Roy. Snacks to follow in the hall.
* NEW HALL FOR RENT – Sts-Martyrs-Canadiens Parish, situated at 1007 Windsor Street, in North Park in Saskatoon, has a NEW HALL to rent for various occasions: conferences, meetings, weddings, parties, etc., big or small. The hall is fully furnished with banquet chairs and round tables. CAPACITY: 260. For more information or for rental, please contact Muriel at: 306-665-1829 or at smc [at] sasktel.net
* Nun Run 2015 - Have you ever wondered what it’s like to live in a religious community? Nun Run 2015 is an opportunity for young women to travel together from August 17-28, visiting various women’s religious communities in Saskatchewan and Alberta for 1-2 days each. The experience is aimed to offer a sample of what religious life looks like in different communities. Katherine Scott is assisting the diocese in coordinating this project and is looking for 4-5 companions to travel with her. The cost is $150 each. A formation event will take place prior to for all interested participants. To find out more ,please contact Myron Rogal at 306-659-5841 or vocations [at] saskatoonrcdiocese.com
* GIANT Garage Sale! St. Patrick Parish is holding a garage sale on Thursday May 28 and Friday May 29 from 5 pm to 8 pm, and Saturday May 30 from 8 am to 4 pm, at St. Patrick Parish, 3339 Centennial Drive, Saskatoon. There will be a concession on site, along with a pancake and sausage breakfast on Saturday morning, May 30 and a bake sale all day on Saturday, May 30. Proceeds from the Garage Sale will go to the “All of Us Campaign” which helps with the needs of the parish community. For more details, check out: www.facebook.com/StPatrickParishSaskatoon
* Faith-based community experience for 19-35 year old single Catholic women. If you are looking for “affordable rent” and more…. Discernment House may be the place for you. The Sisters of the Presentation offer you a home away from home. As you work or study, this program offers you the opportunity to live a community experience and to grow in your personal faith through prayer, reflection, spiritual direction and service. Located at 851 University Drive, Saskatoon, Sask., a 15-minute walk from University of Saskatchewan, close to downtown. Taking registrations for September 2015. For more information contact : Sr. Lucie Hamel at (306) 244-0726 or e-mail: sk.dhouse [at] gmail.com or visit the website at: www.presentationofmary.ca
* The Sisters of the Presentation of Mary have a house on Pells Drive in Regina, a quick fifteen or twenty minute walk to the University of Regina, welcoming young women who are looking for room and board. Residents have enjoyed our meals, our company, our support and a place that responds to their need for quiet and study. For more information contact: Sister Emma Rousseau at (306) 584-3652; or e-mail: erousseau03 [at] gmail.com
Queen’s House upcoming events (NEW):
* “Is Anyone Ever Really Single? The Call to Authentic Sexuality” – This series is being offered by teleconference June 15-17 in conjunction with Fr. Ron Rolheiser and the Oblate School of Theology. Participants are invited to Queen’s House. 601 Taylor St. W., Saskatoon for any or all of the presentations. Following each talk broadcast, there will be an opportunity to discuss and share insights and learning with each other.
SCHEDULE for televised talks at Queen’s House:
- Monday, June 15, 6:00 p.m. - Dr. Richard Gaillardetz:“Sex and the City”: Re-Imagining Sexuality in a Post-Modern World”
- Tuesday, June 16, 8:15 a.m. - Dr. Richard Gaillardetz:“Crazy, Stupid, Love: The Call to Appropriate Vulnerability”
- Tuesday, June 16, 12:30 p.m. - Fr. Ron Rolheiser, OMI -Plenary Session Presentation
- Tuesday, June 16, 6:00 p.m. - Dr. Richard Gaillardetz:“Perilous Vows: Sexuality within the Christian Life-Forms of Marriage and Celibacy”
- Wednesday, June 17, 8:15 a.m. - Dr. Donna Freitas:“Sex and the Soul: Putting the Meaning Back into Sex for the Hookup Generation”
- Wednesday, June 17, 6:00 p.m. - Dr. Donna Freitas:“Finding New Doorways into the Christian Conversation about Sex and Sexual Assault”
Register for this opportunity by contacting Queen’s House reception by phone: 306-242-1916 or by email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org or refer to this link for details and to register: http://www.queenshouse.org/?page_id=2399
Cost is $10/session.
Queen’s House upcoming events (NEW, continued):
T`AI CHI CHIH JOY THROUGH MOVEMENT: Friday June 19 or Saturday June 20 at Queen’s House of Retreats in Saskatoon, from 9:30 am. – 3:30 pm. Includes lunch. Commuter cost is $80 / Live In cost is $140. Facilitator: Donna Aldous. REGISTER: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org , Website: www.queenshouse.org
EIGHT DAY SILENT DIRECTED RETREAT at Queen’s House in Saskatoon: Sunday June 28, 4:00pm - Sunday July 5, 3:00pm with Facilitators: Dianne Mantyka with Bishop Gerry Wiesner omi. REGISTER: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org , Website: www.queenshouse.org
DRAWING INTO GOD: UNLEASING YOUR CREATIVE SPIRIT: with Gisele Bauche Friday, July 10 (7:00 – 9:00 pm and Saturday, July 11 (9:00 am – 4:00 pm) at Queen’s House in Saskatoon. (includes lunch). Cost is $65. REGISTER: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org , Website: www.queenshouse.org
SUMMER STILLNESS 2015: SPIRITUALITY AND THE SEASONS OF OUR LIVES
From Monday July 13, 5:30pm - Thursday July 16, 1:00pm at Queen’s House in Saskatoon, with Facilitator: Fr. Ron Rolheiser omi. REGISTER: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org , Website: www.queenshouse.org
Queen’s House retreat: EUCHARIST: 7:00 – 9:00 pm Friday, July 17 and 9:00 am - 3:30 pm Saturday, July 18 at Queen’s House, 601 Taylor St. W, Saskatoon, presented by Marie-Louise Ternier-Gommers. Cost is $55. REGISTER: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org , Website: www.queenshouse.org
Blumenfeld Pilgrimage - Please join us in celebrating 100 years of pioneer perseverance. The day's activities will include a blessing of the cemetery, Parade of Banners/Shrine History, Rosary, Mass and supper, with the pilgrimage beginning at 10 a.m. Sunday, June 28, 2015 with registration and children's activities. Supper at 5 p.m. is included in the registration fee. Registration forms are at blumenfeldheritage.jigsy.com or call Kendra Volk at 306-666-2017 (please phone about late registrations.) The Blumenfeld Heritage Site is located 16 km South and 6 km East of Leader just off of Highway 21. Everyone is invited to attend the Mass at 3 p.m. - no registration is required for the Mass. Bishop Don Bolen is presider and homilist.
* Nepal Earthquake – The Canadian Catholic Conference of Bishops (CCCB) and Development and Peace have launched a joint campaign to respond to the emergency in Nepal. Contributions will be matched by the Canadian government until May 25, 2015. Donate online at www.devp.org or by phone at 1-888-664-3387; or by sending a cheque made out to Development and Peace (please indicate “Nepal Earthquake”) to Development and Peace, 1425 René-Lévesque Blvd. West 3rd Floor, Montreal, QC, H3G 1T7. Thank you for your generosity and prayers for the people of Nepal.
Year of Consecrated Life ––
“When one renounces everything to follow Christ, when one gives to Him all that one holds most dear, braving every sacrifice as did the Divine Teacher, the consecrated person who follows in Christ’s footsteps necessarily also becomes “a sign of contradiction” because his/her way of thinking and living is often in opposition to the logic of the world.”
—Pope Benedict XVI, 2007 World Day of Consecrated Life
Find testimonies and vocation stories about Consecrated Life on the diocesan website: www.saskatoonrcdiocese.com/year-consecrated-life
STEWARDSHIP CORNER: The Ascension of the Lord
Today’s readings clearly state that, when we receive the Holy Spirit, we receive power and a spirit of wisdom and revelation. God’s Word can enlighten our hearts to know the glorious inheritance Jesus offers us. Then, we can follow the invitation to lead a life worthy of such a call, to go forward and work in the different ministries for the building up of the Church, to live our lives as to be witnesses to the ends of the earth.
To find out more about stewardship, contact Jocelyne Hamoline, Personal Giving Coordinator, Diocese of Saskatoon Catholic Foundation, e-mail: jhamoline [at] dscatholicfoundation.ca or phone: (306) 659-5849 or see: www.dscatholicfoundation.ca/parish-stewardship-resources
ANNOUNCEMENTS CONTINUING FROM LAST WEEK:
* Catholic Stewardship Conference “Stewards Radiating the Joy of the Gospel” will be held June 12-14 at the Calgary Telus Convention Centre, with inspiring keynote speakers Cardinal Thomas Collins and Bishop Robert Morneau. Anyone interested in deepening their understanding of and response to God’s call to stewardship is invited to attend. More info: www.wccsc.ca Pastors and Parish Pastoral Council members: please take note of this great opportunity!
*A Program in Ecumenical Studies and Formation will be held June 23-26, 2015 at Queen’s House of Retreats, Saskatoon. This accredited three-year program is dedicated to forming Christians in the theology, history and practice of ecumenism. This program is for all those who wish to increase their knowledge of the ecumenical movement for greater participation. It will be offered each year in Saskatoon during the final week of June. Students who complete all three years will receive a certificate in Ecumenical Studies and Formation from St. Andrew’s College and the Prairie Centre for Ecumenism. Registration fee: $350. For more information and registration form see the website: www.pcecumenism.ca or call (306) 653-1633.
NOTE: Bursaries are available for Catholic participants In the Ecumenical Studies and Formation program. For more information contact Nicholas Jesson at (306) 659-5814 or e-mail: jesson [at] ecumenism.net
* St. Aloysius Parish Steak Night Fundraiser will be held Friday May 29, 2015 Allan Parkland Hall, with Cocktails: 5:30 pm; Dinner: 6:30 pm. Dinner includes: Caesar Salad, Garlic Bread, Baked Potato and Dessert. Steak Supper Tickets are $25 each, Child's Hotdog Plate: $7 each. Balloon Fundraiser Prizes available to be won – $5/balloon. Supper Tickets available at: St. Aloysius Church, businesses in Allan. Call Anita: 306-257-4225 or Anne: 306-257-3578.
Welcoming international priests to the diocese - All are invited to a diocesan Mass of Welcome for seven international priests arriving in our diocese in June. The Mass of Welcome, with Bishop Donald Bolen presiding, will be held 4 p.m. Sunday, June 21 at the Cathedral of the Holy Family, 123 Nelson Road, Saskatoon. The Mass will be followed by a reception, with an opportunity to meet each of the priests, who will minister in our diocese for a time, thanks to permission from their home dioceses or religious communities. Registration is not required for this event. Everyone is welcome.
* Prayer of Deep Peace: A Maranatha Yoga Retreat will be held 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, May 23 at Queen’s House, 601 Taylor Street West, Saskatoon. Join us as we explore yoga as a practice of prayer leading to stillness and deep inner peace. We will take time to reflect, pray, practice yoga, rest, laugh, celebrate and rejuvenate. You will be encouraged to practice at your pace, and will be guided safely in a non-competitive and supportive environment.
Maranatha Yoga combines the benefits of yoga poses and practice with the Christian tradition of contemplative prayer. Maranatha is an Aramaic word meaning ‘Come, Lord Jesus’. No yoga experience necessary. Cost is $65 (lunch included). For more information visit www.maranathayoga.ca To register please call Kate O’Gorman, RYT at 306-203-2938 or e-mail maranathayoga [at] gmail.com
Canadian Forum on Inter-Church Dialogues: June 22-23 - The Canadian Council of Churches will be holding a Forum on the Canadian Inter-Church Dialogues, June 22-23 in Saskatoon. Held in Conjunction with the Prairie Centre for Ecumenism's Program in Ecumenical Studies and Formation (June 23-26). The forum is a gathering for learning, sharing and fellowship for involved in or interested in ecumenical dialogue. Keynote speakers: Dr. Timothy George, Beeson Divinity School, Alabama & Dr. Donna Geernaert sc, Mount Saint Vincent University, Halifax NS. For information and to register, see the Prairie Centre for Ecumenism website at http://pcecumenism.ca or call 306-653-1633. Accommodations available. Forum participants can also register for events during the Program in Ecumenical Studies and Formation (June 23-26).
* Naming Saskatoon’s new Catholic schools: Four new Catholic schools will open in Saskatoon in 2017 in Evergreen, Hampton Village, Rosewood and Stonebridge. Do you have names in mind for these new schools? A school name is typically identifiably Catholic and, if it is a person’s name, it is someone who has completed his or her journey here in this world. Please let us know if you have names in mind for these new schools. Send us an email with: Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools (GSCS) wants to hear from you! Email your school name suggestion(s) to NewCatholicSchools [at] gscs.sk.ca (NewCatholicSchools [at] gscs.sk.ca) For Martensville and Warman: Please email your suggestion(s) to either martensvillecatholic [at] gscs.sk.ca or warmancatholic [at] gscs.sk.ca and again, let us know if you live in one of these communities. Please include: your name, your suggestion(s), reasons for your suggestion(s), whether you live in one of the neighbourhoods getting a school and if so, which one. GSCS will also dedicate each new school to a person who has made a significant contribution to the community the school serves. Do you know someone who deserves this honour? Let us know at NewCatholicSchools [at] gscs.sk.ca (NewCatholicSchools [at] gscs.sk.ca) Please include your name, community and suggestion, as well as some background about the person you are nominating. Deadline for name/dedication suggestions is May 22, 2015. The final choices will be announced by Fall 2015. (Four separate committees comprised of people from each neighbourhood and the school division will submit a shortlist of names to the GSCS Board of Education for its decision.)
* The Filipino Heritage School invites you to the 5th Annual Flores de Mayo Fiesta Fundraiser on Saturday, May 23, 2015 at St. Anne's Parish Hall starting at 6:30 PM. Enjoy Filipino food, a year-end program and dance, as well as the Santacruzan--a colourful parade known as the "Queen of all Filipino Festivals" featuring students representing various historical religious figures. For tickets or more info see: www.facebook.com/FilipinoHeritageSchoolSaskatoon or call Jen at 306-380-8874. Tickets also available at www.picatic.com/floresdemayo2015 All proceeds go to support the Filipino Heritage School.
* Assisted Suicide - Prayer for Conversion of Heart - On Thursday May 21st from 7 - 8 pm, Cathedral of the Holy Family Parish together with the Emmanuel Community of Saskatoon will be hosting an hour of Eucharistic Adoration for the conversion of heart of our supreme court judges, politicians, and all those in favour of euthanasia and physician assisted suicide. There is power in prayer, and when the community gathers in prayer, Jesus is in our midst (Matt: 18:20). Let us ask God to mercifully move hearts to conversion so that together we might become more human, more compassionate, and more selfless, attuning ourselves more fully to the rhythm of Jesus’ Sacred Heart. The event will take place at Holy Family Cathedral, 123 Nelson Road, Saskatoon. For more information please contact Fr. Colin Roy: (306) 659-5800 or frcolin [at] holyfamilycathedral.ca or Jenny Porter: porterjenny14 [at] gmail.com
PILGRIMAGE TO IRELAND
The Cathedral of the Holy Family is offering a pilgrimage to Ireland. This 11 day tour includes stops in Dublin, Killarney, Galway as well as staying in two medieval castles: Castlemartyr and Dromoland. The date of departure is October 1, 2015. There is a limited number of seats remaining so act quickly. Tour Leader is Fr. David Tumback. For more information please call Fr. David at 659-5800 or DeeDee at D and D Travel in Saskatoon 955-1414.
* Volunteers are needed to visit those in hospital. "... I was sick and you visited me..." Matthew 25:36. If you feel a call to serve Jesus in the sick and the suffering, please consider applying as a volunteer in diocesan hospital chaplaincy offered at Saskatoon City Hospital and/or Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon. For more information call Céline Hudon in the diocesan Hospital Chaplaincy office at: (306) 292-5531.
The 50th anniversary of ordination for Father Denis Phaneuf will be celebrated with a come and go tea on Sunday, May 31st from 2-5 p.m. in the Bishop Mahoney Hall at St. Paul's Co-Cathedral in Saskatoon. Bishop Donald Bolen will be present at 3:30 p.m. to offer a special episcopal prayer for the fiftieth anniversary of the holy ordination to the priesthood. Everyone welcome. No gifts please. Your attendance and prayers are your gift.
Abbot Peter 25th Anniversary Celebration
Abbot Peter will be recognized on Saturday, June 6 on his 25th anniversary as abbot of St. Peter's Abbey. As well, he will be marking his 51st year as a monk and 45th year as a priest.
A come and go tea will be held from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. June 6, in St. Peter's College Gymnasium across from the college building at St. Peter’s Abbey in Muenster, SK.
50th Anniversary of Ordination celebrations will be held for Msgr. Raymond Senger in both Saskatoon and in Tramping Lake. The Saskatoon celebration will be held Saturday, June 6 at the Cathedral of the Holy Family, beginning with Mass at 11 a.m. with Bishop Donald Bolen, and a tea from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Tickets for a 5 p.m. anniversary dinner at Holy Family Cathedral June 6 are $25. Contact Erla at (306) 931-7328.) The celebration at Tramping Lake begins 4 p.m. Monday, June 8 with Mass at St. Michael’s parish, followed by dinner at Tramping Lake Community Hall, $15 each. Call Chris at (306) 755-2174.
* Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults:
WCC 2015 - Rites of the RCIA Presented by Team RCIA June 5-6, 2015 in Saskatoon
The Western Conference of the Catechumenate presents “Rites of the RCIA,” June 5-6 at Holy Spirit Parish in Saskatoon. Speakers are Nick Wagner and Diana Macalintal of Team RCIA. To mark the 25th anniversary of the WCC, the 2015 conference is being offered at a special rate of $99. Join us in celebrating 25 years of forming the RCIA ministry in Western Canada!
Learn more about:
• How to prepare the assembly for full, conscious, and active participation in the rites
• How to apply the 12 liturgical principles and the four elements every liturgy requires
• How to catechize directly from the rites
• When to adapt the rites and when to follow the book
Schedule: • 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday, June 5 (includes a wine and cheese social) • 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, June 6 (includes a business meeting over lunch)
Register online at: http://western-catechumenate.blogspot.ca or contact Michelle at (306) 358-2057 or cic.michelle [at] saskatoonrcdiocese.com
* Blackstrap Youth Camp invites youth ages 8 - 13 years to a rocking summer experience. The camp runs weekly from Sunday to Friday, July 5 - 10, Jul 12 - 17, July 19 - 24, July 26 - 31, and August 2 - 7. We have fun activities such as: canoeing, tenting, arts and crafts, praise and worship, swimming, camp out, variety night, mud pit and dance. Apply online: www.blackstrapyouthcamp.org or call us at 306-934-1838.
* Blackstrap Youth Camp is attempting to build a fund to allow underprivileged youth to be able to attend Camp. Tax-receipted donations can be made through our website, www.blackstrapyouthcamp.org or through our crowdfunding campaign at: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/summer-camp-for-underprivileged-youth. Crowdfunding works only if you spread the word far and wide! Share to your Facebook, Twitter and email contacts. Thank you!
CONTINUING QUEEN’S HOUSE Programs: 601 Taylor St. W, Saskatoon, SK S7M 0C9; Phone: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org , Website: www.queenshouse.org
CENTERING PRAYER: Monday evenings - 7pm
HOLY EUCHARIST: Wednesdays, 3:00 pm (call to confirm time – all are warmly welcome!)
TAIZE PRAYER FOR CHRISTIAN UNITY 2nd Tuesday/month - 8 pm June 9
DAY AWAY – Gisele Bauche - 2nd Wednesday each month, Sept. 9 - $25 includes lunch
24 HOUR EUCHARISTIC ADORATION: 4th Monday of the month – noon Monday to noon Tuesday
PERSONAL DAY(S) OF PRIVATE PRAYER: Book anytime
SCRIPTURAL THEMES FOR SENIORS & FRIENDS: EMPIRE - Facilitator: Rev. Dr. Vern Ratzlaff
Thursdays, May, 21, May 28, 2:00 - 3:30pm Cost: $10 session or $40 for all, if you can pay.
Embedded in the scriptural texts are political and cultural perspectives that help interpret the biblical texts better for our time. This course will identify these strands and see the implication for our own time. QUEEN’S HOUSE: 601 Taylor Street W, Saskatoon; Phone: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org , Website: www.queenshouse.org
TRANSITIONS: YOUR JOURNEY OF TRANSFORMATION THROUGH GRIEF AND LOSS
Facilitator: Sarah Donnelly - Thursday May 28, 7:00pm – Sunday May 31, lunch. Cost: $390 (live-in) This retreat will provide insight, hope and prayerful support as participants journey through the painful times of grief and loss in their life. Maximum 12 participants. This retreat repeats next October 22 - 25. QUEEN’S HOUSE: 601 Taylor Street W, Saskatoon; Phone: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org Website: www.queenshouse.org
* WHAT IS TRUTH? THE PERENNIAL QUESTION – Marie-Louise Ternier-Gommers – 9:30 am — 1:30 pm; Saturday, May 23 - Cost $35 with lunch (or $25 with bag lunch) per session. Pilate’s question to an accused Jesus echoes through the centuries. We will explore several layers of meaning contained in the perennial question, develop criteria for assessing the “truth” about truth, and maybe learn to appropriate for ourselves some of the ways Jesus embodied the truth. QUEEN’S HOUSE: 601 Taylor Street W, Saskatoon; Phone: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org Website: www.queenshouse.org
ICONOGRAPHY workshop - Facilitators Anna Mycyk and Gisele Bauche 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily, from May 25 to May 29, at Queen’s House of Retreat and Renewal. Cost: live-in $540/Commute $450 (includes lunches). Includes materials, pigments, 23kt gold leaf on bole. Participants are responsible for supplying brushes, icon boards (available at Queen’s House). Participants do not need a background in art or in theology. Register before April 15, 2015, as enrolment is limited. An icon is like a window into eternity. This workshop will introduce participants to the ancient Christian tradition of icon writing. During this 5-day workshop, through prayer and contemplation, you will learn the technique of writing an icon. Using a gesso wood panel board, egg tempera, natural pigments and gilding with gold leaf, you will write your own icon. There will be daily prayer, demonstrations, theological reflections and group sharing. The prototype that will be written The Mother of God. QUEEN’S HOUSE: 601 Taylor Street W, Saskatoon; Phone: 306-242-1916 Email: receptionist [at] queenshouse.org Website: www.queenshouse.org
Assisted Suicide - Resources, information and postcards to print and send to federal government officials asking for action on the recent Supreme Court ruling on Assisted Suicide are posted on the diocesan website at: www.saskatoonrcdiocese.com/office-justice-and-peace-0 or for more information, contact Myron Rogal at (306) 659-5841.
Catholic Engaged Encounter in Lumsden - Getting married? Want a weekend away to focus on your relationship? “A Wedding is a Day, a Marriage is a Lifetime.” Catholic Engaged Encounter uses a tried and true method of marriage preparation that has been successful for over 30 years and gained approval from the Vatican and hundreds of dioceses throughout the world. Regina CEE has openings in our upcoming weekends. Dates in Lumsden include: June 19-21, 2015; November 13-15, 2015. For more information please call Kim and Vance Weber at 306-698-2466, or go to www.ceewest.com
The following announcement requests come from groups outside of our Catholic ministry partners in the diocese. As always, the parish Pastor and Parish Life Director are invited to make all publication decisions regarding their particular parish communities
* Prairie Hospice Society Volunteer Opportunity for individuals interested in providing support and services to people who are facing advancing illness, death and bereavement. The "Hospice Without Walls" program is a free, non-medical service that is provided within the individual's home and may include companionship, accompanying to appointments, shopping or errands, going for a walk, a drive, watching movies, playing cards, or other activities of interest. Respite and support for families and caregivers is also a part of the service. Volunteers receive 30 hours of training and commit to volunteering four hours per week. The next training program is May 24, 30, 31, June 6, 7 20. Volunteers are required to attend all of the training sessions. For this round of training, the society is seeking only candidates who are available to volunteer during the day on weekdays. For more information about the application process and training contact Prairie Hospice: By phone at 306-249-5554, By e-mail at inquiry [at] prairiehospice.org, Or visit the website at: www.prairiehospice.org
ONE ROCK Early bird ticket special ending soon for Alberta faith event this summer!
Searching for a young adult bonding activity this summer? Search no more… Bring your family & friends. One Rock 2015 is held at the Redwood Meadows Fair Grounds near Bragg Creek as your camping ground with live music, world class speakers, kids’ activities, free child care, food trucks and much more in one place. So pack your camping gear for the weekend of August 14, 15 and 16, 2015! For more information, please visit www.onerock.ca
This year’s line-up includes bishops, Matt Fradd and Chris Bray as our speakers, as well as entertainers Josh Blakesley, Joe Zambon, Emma Fradd, and many more.
1. May we live a life worthy of our Christian calling as we reverence God’s gift of creation. We pray to the Lord.
2. May we trust in our giftedness and God-given ability to make a difference in caring for the earth. We pray to the Lord.